(16508 all sites)
| posted on 9/11/2008 at 03:17 PM|
|I've never done it, not sure how confusing it is either. Any insight will help.|
R.I.P. Hugh Duty
(12843 all sites)
| posted on 9/11/2008 at 04:42 PM|
|Ed check this how to out. Also check the site rules you are uploading to. Some are real anal with wanting all the details. |
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
(19030 all sites)
| posted on 9/11/2008 at 04:54 PM|
Ed check this how to out. Also check the site rules you are uploading to. Some are real anal with wanting all the details.
most are,in fact. That's why i gave up on it....you gotta have every little "t" crossed...
(9621 all sites)
| posted on 9/11/2008 at 06:50 PM|
|Hey Ed, |
I don't upload shows either but I've heard that Trader's Little Helper is a great utility to use to help get your shows ready to be accepted by the "stickler" sites.
Good luck to you....
[Edited on 9/12/2008 by les_paul_sunburst]
"In my dream the pipes were playing
In my dream I lost a friend
Come down Gabriel and blow your horn
Cause some day we will meet again"
Fallen Angel -Robbie Robertson (for HughDuty...and for TanDan)
(1373 all sites)
| posted on 9/11/2008 at 08:26 PM|
|I'm doing like as follows.|
1. Make new folder for upload.
2. Put all the files into it.
Compress all the sound files to flac/shn format. I'm using xACT for this (I'm a mac user).
Track number must be added to filename like as, 01 Layla.flac/d1t01 Layla.flac and so on.
Create checksum file by fingerprint or md5. For example of xACT using, select checksun tag, drag & drop all the sound files into the window, click the checksum button.
Copy both AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folder into it.
Create checksum file for all the files inside VIDEO_TS folder and put it to outside of VIDEO_TS folder.
3. Also write inoformation text file and put into the folder.
4. Create torrent file by your torrent program. Then you should create it with announcement URL of the torrent site you'd like to upload.
For example, announcement URL of DIME is:
5. Upload torrent file to torrent site and you'll get new torrent file from the site after you uploaded your torrent file.
6. Set up this new torrent file to your torrent program and seeding files starts automatically.
I hope this will be a little help to your question.
(453 all sites)
| posted on 9/11/2008 at 10:13 PM|
|I walked my friend Ray through one last year here are his notes:|
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Instructions for Converting Todd’s Shows for Uploading to etree:
I. Making the flac files and fingerprint:
1. Use EAC to rip each cd of the shows for conversion to a folder for each cd.
2. Rename the tracks to correspond with the name/date of the show, i.e. wmd2007-01-20d1t01
3. Once all tracks are renamed put them in one folder with the name of the show, i.e. Workingmans Dead 1-20-07
4. Open Traders Little Helper—click encode wave files (3rd tab from right)
5. Click Add
6. Find the folder with the files
7. Select all the files (shift/down arrow) and hit Open
8. Press OK?
9. Hit Encode button (this makes the flac files AND the fingerprint (default level is at 6—higher level is more compression and takes more time can go to 8 but 6 is fine).
II. Making the Torrent:
1. Open Make Torrent 2 and switch to classic mode
2. click on the dir button to find the path of the show on my HD and click ok
3. Under tracker put in the information of the URL for etree which is what I am using: http://tracker.etree.org:6969/announce (note that the next time you open up the program the URL will be there 
4. Click the Create Torrent Button Now—it will ask for a path to put the file in—I gave it the name as the show Workingmans Dead 1-20-07. It ended up in the folder of the show so I moved it outside the c:\cd\Workingmans Dead 1-20-07 folder as a loose file.
III. Creating the Torrent file to be uploaded with all the files:
1. Open up Utorrent
2. File/add torrent or create new torrent.
3. Need to direct to the path of the files.
4. Add the files to the torrent—hit ok (in notes says put copy of file ffp in box before upload)
5. All files should be selected and hit ok.
IV. Uploading the file To Etree
1. Login if not already recognized
2. click upload—add the torrent file from its folder on the HD.
3. Under upload file click browse to find folder of the show.
4. Under Torrent name, name the torrent i.e. Workingman's Dead 2007....
5. skip the next 3 boxes: db.etree.org Link, db.etree.org Source ID, and db.etree.org Show ID
6. Under description, edit/select all edit/copy edit/paste the text file in the box (which includes the now mandatory flac fingerprint.
7. Under Artist choose the artist (or put other if not included)
8. check the box verified to be trader friendly
9. check the box send email to bittorrent.etree.org to announce this torrent?
10. click the Do It! Button 
really it looks harder than it is. once you do a few the training wheels come off.