|Hittin' The Web with the Allman Brothers Band Forum|
You are not logged in
(8181 all sites)
| posted on 1/13/2012 at 08:03 AM|
Motorhead Kicks Off 2012 With A New DVD And A Tour With Megadeth
Submitted by: Dana
In celebration of their 35 years on the road, Motorhead Music/UDR is proud to present, The World Is Ours-Vol 1 - Everywhere Further Than Everyplace Else which will be released on January 24th.
The DVD contains some of the finest moments from the tour, including the entire performance from Chile’s Teatro Caupolican, shot and filmed in classic black and white by Banger Films and Sam Dunn (Iron Maiden Flight 666, Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage). Mixed by the band‘s long-time producer Cameron Webb, The Wörld Is Ours - Vol 1 - Everywhere Further Than Everyplace Else features classic songs from Overkill to Ace Of Spades to Killed By Death as well as some old gems like Over The Top and new favorites such as I Know How To Die.
As well as this epic performance, exciting numbers from the shows in Manchester and New York are also included on the triple-disc digipack set, along with a series of extensive, in depth and exclusive interviews with the band, a bonus double live CD of the Chile show (incl. selected tracks from NY & Manchester), plus a superbly photographed booklet documenting life on the road during the tour. On January 26th, Motörhead make their return to the U.S. and Canada on the multi-bill festival, Gigantour, with Megadeth, Volbeat and Lacuna Coil. Gigantour is a chance to tour with like-minded artists “that play heavy music in a high-energy environment,” says Dave Mustaine. The tour will begin on Jan. 26th in Camden, NJ and run through Feb. 28th in Denver, and will include stops in NY (Jan. 28) and Los Angeles (Feb. 24).
The World Is Ours Vol. 1 - Everywhere Further Than Everyplace Else track listing:
Santiago, Chile (90-minute concert) + interview (9 minutes):
1. We Are Motorhead
2. Stay Clean
3. Get Back In Line
5. Over the Top
6. One Night Stand
7. Rock Out
8. The Thousand Names of God
9. I Got Mine
10. I Know How to Die
11. The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
12. In the Name of Tragedy
13. Just 'Cos You Got the Power
14. Going to Brazil
15. Killed by Death
16. Ace of Spades
New York (20 minutes) + interview (23 minutes):
1. Rock Out
2. TheThousand Names of God
3. Killed By Death (feat. Doro and Todd Youth)
Manchester (25 minutes) + interview (12 min):
1. We Are Motorhead
2. Stay Clean
3. Be My Baby
4. Get Back In Line
5. I Know How to Die
6. Born to Raise Hell (feat. Michael Monroe)
In other Motorhead news:
* Lemmy, The Movie, the film about Motörhead’s iconic frontman, won Best Film/DVD at the recent Classic Rock Awards in the U.K. and has also received an RIAA Gold sales award in North America.
*In last month’s issue of Revolver Magazine, the cover story was dedicated to the 100 Greatest Living Rock Stars, with Lemmy (of course) among the greats.
* In CMJ’s 2011 year-end charts, Motörhead’s CD, The World Is Yours, was number one on the Loud Rock chart. Upon the record’s release, it spent six weeks at number one on this chart, which is the longest that Motörhead has held that position at radio.
- In addition to Motorhead wine, (their Shiraz got great reviews: “A fairly grown-up wine – can taste the fruitiness. A panel favorite.” And “A red wine that’s ‘Aces.’”), now comes Motörhead Vodka. It’s a premium, 80 proof Vodka made from 100% locally grown wheat that has been distilled and bottled in Sweden. It has a rich, full-bodied and complex character, with a light and fruity aftertaste. One reviewer said, “That’s how women sometimes describe Lemmy.”
* Motorhead were recently nominated for a Shorty Award, honoring the best of social media, recognizing the people and organizations producing real-time short form content across the social Web.
* Lemmy will be part of a Ronnie James Dio tribute album which will be out later this year.
[Edited on 1/13/2012 by jszfunk]
(1969 all sites)
| posted on 1/13/2012 at 02:33 PM|
|They don't change their set list much but they do pull from a lot of their albums. I can't wait for this set. Looks great.|
Do not panic!
(15990 all sites)
| posted on 1/13/2012 at 02:36 PM|
|My first live exposure to Motorhead was when they opend for Blizzrd of Ozz in 1982. |
(102 all sites)
| posted on 1/14/2012 at 03:30 AM|
|Thanks for that! Got tix for their ''Gigantour'' show with Megadeth Feb 21st in Washington state....new poster in these forums-thought I might have to be a closet metal fan,guess not,lol!(dont know why I thought that,just did)|
Terms of Service |
|The ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND name, The ALLMAN BROTHERS name, likenesses, logos, mushroom design and peach truck are all registered trademarks of THE ABB MERCHANDISING CO., INC. whose rights are specifically reserved. Any artwork, visual, or audio representations used on this web site CONTAINING ANY REGISTERED TRADEMARKS are under license from The ABB MERCHANDISING CO., INC. A REVOCABLE, GRATIS LICENSE IS GRANTED TO ALL REGISTERED PEACH CORP MEMBERS FOR The DOWNLOADING OF ONE COPY FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. ANY DISTRIBUTION OR REPRODUCTION OF THE TRADEMARKS CONTAINED HEREIN ARE PROHIBITED AND ARE SPECIFICALLY RESERVED BY THE ABB MERCHANDISING CO.,INC.