|Hittin' The Web with the Allman Brothers Band Forum|
You are not logged in
(709 all sites)
| posted on 3/20/2010 at 11:00 AM|
|...who couldn't sell those perfect 2 Row MM for the 1st set and to the super nice people on both sides of us including the 2 guys to our right who bought us beers! Also, before we moved to those seats and were in Row P aisle, to the whacky guy who had 4 beers, gave us 2 and then insisted on giving me a joint for later and wouldn't take no for an answer. For the 2nd set we move back to our actual seats in Row M center for a different and perfectly framed view of the stage and great sound, even under the overhang (which is much higher than the Beacon's). The floor rises nicely in the back offering a real nice view over the crowd.|
Things I didn't expect last night:
1) For this to be one best ABB shows we've seen and we've seen many
2) Jessica (thanks to whoever put that on the setlist and for this highly creative rendition)
3) The people here who suggested Tipinco Restaurant/bar. We both a full plates of food (chicken,rice, beans, salad) a bucket of 5 Heinekins, 6 shots of Patron = $85+ tip. The Patron's midtown would have been $130. Real nice people.
4) Washington Heights. What a great location to spend an evening. The local people all were so friendly and genuinely glad to have us as customers and visitors.
5) The sound at the UP was MUCH better than I expect after reading the complaints. No issues AT ALL.
6) The UP bathroom and exit situation is outright dangerous. The Beacon doors open on both sides and easy flow out of theater. If there was an emergency at UP, people would get hurt or killed in the rush to leave. Think Cincinnatti The Who.
Thanks the ABB for another great evening of music. Thanks for Guilded Splinters, a searing Rockin' Horse, Danny LOUIS!, Junior Mack (I though Doyle was not good at all and brought the band down quickly). Thanks to a super cool security staff, simply perfect!
This band is playing way too hot for this to be the end.
[Edited on 3/20/2010 by brucegz]
Nobody Left To Run With~~~~~~
(585 all sites)
| posted on 3/20/2010 at 12:53 PM|
|I agree about the crowding/bathroom situation. Made the mistake of going out to|
get water (it was really hot in the loge last night) and there was quite a bit of
crowding and pushing. Of course there are many emergeny doors on the side
of the loge that lead outside. In fact I think someone triggered the alarm
on one last night during the show.
Terms of Service |
Report Infringement |
Personal Data Management |
|The ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND name, The ALLMAN BROTHERS name, likenesses, logos, mushroom design and peach truck are all registered trademarks of THE ABB MERCHANDISING CO., INC. whose rights are specifically reserved. Any artwork, visual, or audio representations used on this web site CONTAINING ANY REGISTERED TRADEMARKS are under license from The ABB MERCHANDISING CO., INC. A REVOCABLE, GRATIS LICENSE IS GRANTED TO ALL REGISTERED PEACH CORP MEMBERS FOR The DOWNLOADING OF ONE COPY FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. ANY DISTRIBUTION OR REPRODUCTION OF THE TRADEMARKS CONTAINED HEREIN ARE PROHIBITED AND ARE SPECIFICALLY RESERVED BY THE ABB MERCHANDISING CO.,INC.